Wendy Bird

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Agree to Disagree

I have a problem.

There is a co-worker whom I call wolfie (the big bad wolfie). He is very opinionated, which in a business setting could be of great benefit as decisions can be made. However, if by chance your opinion (or even set of facts) don't jive with his there is alot of house blowing.

How do I handle his overbearing, in your face antics without being angry or yelling or hateful? Cuz everything I've come up with includes all of that.

Thanks for the advice...

5 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Wish I could help you here, but angry, yelling and hateful are usually what I resort to, and am building up a need to do lately...I believe we family folk like to call them Psychotic Episodes...I feel one coming on....

7:29 PM  
Blogger cjm said...

Is there any way you can make him think he came up with your idea? Sometimes that helps. I can think of nothing else other than the things you mentioned.

6:39 AM  
Blogger wendy bird said...

I have tried to make him think it was his idea before. And sometimes it works.

I've also spouted back to him that I would be happy to have a discussion with him when he stops talking down to me. That usually curbs the behavior for a while.

I think more than anything I am just frustated.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Kick him.

9:41 AM  
Blogger cjm said...

There ya go, Bubba's Sis. Thanks for the laugh this morning... Wendy Bird, make sure you wear good pointed-toe shoes if you take this tactic.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home