Wendy Bird

Monday, October 09, 2006

Fast Forward

Remember VHS tapes? When you wanted to jump ahead in a movie you actually had to watch the part you were trying to skip...just in fast forward. I tried so hard for the last week of my life to NOT be in fast forward. Several times I found myself stopping, pressing pause, and trying to soak it all in. Enjoying the sights, sounds, smells, and faces of the people I love.

My sweet hubby (I love saying that) and I sat at our reception dinner and looked at the room full of people and were overcome. We wanted to jump up and see what everyone needed...more food, drinks...but our sweet friend told us...you are the reason they are here. Sit down and enjoy yourselves...be the bride and the groom. Finally after all the running around we stopped. We were so thankful that the people that mean the most to us, came to celebrate...well...US.

I found myself trying to thank those who did things for us, traveled a long distance, or just said something nice to us...and thank you isn't enough. I can promise, though, that we won't forget that moment.

Today all is well with the world. And I AM a married lady.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bubba's Mom said...

You were a beautiful bride sweet girl, with a handsome groom. All the best is yet to come. Keep living in the moment and enjoying every one. You've waited a long tme to be happy. I've seen a lot of weddings and yours was one of the sweetest I've ever seen. Just bask in the love.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

So glad you are happy, Sweet Cousin O' Mine! I love you!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home