Wendy Bird

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Teachers

I got my son's report card a few days ago and noticed in the absence column, he'd been absent from P.E. 4 times. He was sick one day...so what happened the other three days?

I called the school and found out that the P.E./Health teacher was out for a few days, but they'd leave him a message. He called me back today. He said that he wasn't sure if Austin was there or not. WHAT?!? I say? He said he was 'anal' about how he started and ended class, but in the middle he wanted to be 'open-minded'. However I don't think it was going well for him, cuz he said he had to pull the reigns in (when I was 11 that would have meant...we could get away with murder!). He said he tried to establish a protocol about roll taking and class rules, and that he was still learning the kids names (they've been in school 7 weeks!)

So say a prayer for Austin. That he goes to class (which after speaking to the teacher I am sure he does) and that hopefully he will learn something.

So glad my tax money is well spent. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Hmmm....I would think taking attendance would be important to an 'anal' person...

Is this his first or last period class, or in the middle of the day?

8:50 PM  
Blogger wendy bird said...

middle of the day.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home