Wendy Bird

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Simply Amazing!


My rock and roll son.

Tuesday and Wednesday sweet son attended a rock and roll orchestra clinic featuring Mark Wood from Trans Siberian Orchestra. Mark Wood is a world renound string player...he plays an instrument he developed called a viper. It is a violin of sorts but electrified and strapped to his upper body so you don't have to hold it under your chin. He taught the kids techniques and some new songs. The clinic ended with a full on rock and roll concert. Austin played his electric viola (like a violin but plays lower).

They played songs like Eleanor Rigby, Toss the Feathers, Hoedown, ever popular Stairway to Heaven, We Will Rock You, Live and Let Die, and some stuff from ACDC that I can't remember the name of. Austin...and the 50 or so students played along and sounded GREAT!

Sweet son has excelled in so many things, but his interest fizzles out and I have to 'run' the activity. So when he said he wanted to play for the orchestra I told him that was great. But HE had to want it. I would support him...I would help him, but HE had to ask. To see him last night, playing...driven...I was SO proud. HE wanted it. And he did it on his own...which means more I think. Rock on dude!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Wow! That is awesome!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home