Wendy Bird

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Simpleton

I think I must be a simpleton.

Business is business. Cut throat, fast paced, dog-eat-dog. Right?

But then, everyday you go to work. Because you keep seeing these people you let your guard down. And finally you begin to think of them as friends. Friends being people who care for you, have your back, would sacrifice for you or at least the good of the team.

WRONG!

People don't care. They are orchestrating situations that benefit themselves. Whether it will keep them out of trouble. Get them in the spotlight for a job well done. OR they lie, cheat, and steal from you and then smile to your face.

I never expect any of this. Every time it happens I think 'you dummy, didn't you see this coming'. I can honestly answer, yes, I could have seen it. But I guess it is the Pollyanna in me that keeps hoping that it won't be the case.

sigh

4 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

And you work for a CHURCH!!! Shame on those people.

5:39 PM  
Blogger cjm said...

Oh my gosh, a church?! That's crazy. They shouldn't be dog-eat-dog...

7:29 PM  
Blogger wendy bird said...

Yes, I work for a church. Which makes all of the love your neighbor things...umm...well...worse.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Bubba's Mom said...

People are people wherever you go. Churches are big gossip mills, just like any other office or workplace. But, it is a little disillusioning. Maybe there is something to that idea of "putting on the full armor of God" - it helps you dodge the knives and arrows better.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home