Wendy Bird

Thursday, December 07, 2006

feels like christmas

when i was young my grandmother was a bit of a bah-humbug lady. she wanted to see everyone happy but got bogged down in the 'doing' rather than finding joy in the work. i always thought that was sad, because christmas is my favorite holiday and it is my birthday (um, well, the day after christmas). anyway, i was concerned when i saw the decorations and trees going up before thanksgiving and i was mad. then i didn't want to put up decorations or go shopping for gifts. i was heading for bah-humbug status. eek!

today it is chilly outside. i had homemade soup for lunch. and i have presents to go home and wrap and put under my slightly crooked christmas tree. so, i think things are looking up. BUT i'm not putting lights on the house. it is a small boycot. maybe just a little buggy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

That always made me sad about Nanny, too - but now I can totally understand it. Bah! Humbug!

10:23 PM  
Blogger cjm said...

I think we have the same Christmas tree...

11:39 AM  
Blogger Bubba's Mom said...

Since my washing machine just overflowed and flooded my utility room, I'm feeling a bit humbuggy at the moment. A new washer was not exactly what I had in mind for my Christmas present. But, I am hoping there will some magical moments when I can still find some joy. That is if I'm not arrested for smacking some lady talking on her cell phone in Target!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home