Wendy Bird

Monday, November 27, 2006

I think the mantle has been passed.

I've never been the host of a holiday meal, always the guest. And I think I've always been glad about that. Still the kid.

This year however, we (hubby and me) made Thanksgiving dinner and everyone came to our house. Food was yummy, everyone remained agreeable, and sweet hubby did the dishes. All in all I think it was a success.

This weekend we got a phone call from hubby's mom. She said "I didn't know you could cook." At first I thought that was a bad thing, of course I can. And then I realized, the word is out. I will now be expected to cook...cuz I can. I think the holiday mantle has been passed.

WHAT DO I DO NOW? :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I'm so sorry, honey. What a big burden you must carry now!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Bubba's Mom said...

I knew you could do it! You've always been such a little Martha. I am proud of you!!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home