Wendy Bird

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Just Another CoED

I went to the 'big' Tom Thumb in town and decided while I was there I would get a manicure and pedicure next door before trudging through the store. I picked my color and had a seat. I was seating in a long line of TCU students--most likely sorority girls.

I stuck my feet in the warm swirling water and began thumbing through my US Weekly magazine. Engrossed in reading material (ha) I couldn't help over hear their conversations. They discussed who was together and who had broken up. They talked about how hard keeping up with everything was...one girl said 'I have to go to the laundry mat today, but I am afraid to go because I think someone will steal my clothes.' And the other prompted they should have a laundry party and they could all do their loads at one time and use up all the machines. Then they moved on to what they were doing that evening. Maybe a movie, maybe picking up their space, maybe just maybe the guy they hoped would call...would call.

I was snapped back into reality when my pedicure lady said ok you are done. She asked for my student ID. I looked at her and said 'pardon me?' She said 'You show ID and get discount'. She thought I was one of the coeds. If only...HA!