Wendy Bird

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rambling thoughts...

I was surfing through iTunes this morning and thought 'there is just nothing here'. For good grief! There are thousands of songs and tons of variety, but I couldn't seem to find anything. Is it just my mood today or is society turning more and more immediate. We have a multitude of channels on cable, but nothing is on. There is a wealth of knowledge on the web, but tire of looking. And if things aren't fast, we just give up.

On that same note, I remember when I was a kid my grandmother playing solitiare. With cards. She would sit on the couch after her soaps were over and play solitare. We just received a gift basket full of snacks and games and such to keep us busy after sweet hubby's surgery. I was bored and pulled out the playing cards. I sat down on the couch and tried to play solitiare just like my grandmother. Guess what? Our couch must not be wide enough, or the cards were bigger, or I am accustomed to playing on the computer.

I think I need to enjoy the simple things again. I think I will read this weekend. Maybe work a puzzle on the coffee table. Who knows I could finally get some mending/hemming/sewing done. I would say I could arrange my photos and archive them, but they are on the computer :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I remember Nanny playing Solitaire - sometimes I still play with real cards, too. But I have to play on the floor - my couch isn't wide enough, either!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home