Wendy Bird

Monday, June 18, 2007

Creature of Habit

I, Wendy Bird, am a creature of habit.

Every work day morning I push the snooze button 1 time. If I am especially sleepy I will push it twice. But then I feel guilty and get up before the alarm sounds again. I get up and shuffle to the kitchen where I start the coffee pot and make some breakfast. Typically I eat oatmeal (it is heart healthy) or some sort of cereal. I take my breakfast of choice to my desk and read my blogs, check my email, and dabble at reading the news. I then put my used dishes in the dishwasher and proceed to take a shower. After my shower I try to jolt sweet hubby out of bed. Sometimes I must turn the overhead light on and pull the covers off him. This is not working as well as late because he is on to me...and grabs the covers as I begin to pull them...sneaky man. Once he is out of the bed I make it quickly so he won't crawl back in (tee hee sneaky wife).

Even if life is nutty, crazy busy, or complete chaos I do ok as long as the previously listed routine is followed.

Now that I think about it I have an end of day routine too. Take off eye makeup, wash face, brush teeth, don jammies. Lounge around until sleepy. Go to bed.

Does this make me OCD?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Not in my book!

Routine is good. Comforting. Change is bad.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home