Wendy Bird

Friday, May 04, 2007

Intraspective

When you see something wrong in your life you should endeavor to fix it. I am trying to do that but feel the need for explanation.

There was alot of turmoil in my childhood. What I learned from it was...avoidance. It is surprising how many things I avoid. I've not been to the dentist...in a LONG time. Why? No good reason. My dentist is far away and I don't want to choose a new one. How lame is that? I often avoid addressing problems or problematic relationships/people because it may lead to a fight—and I don't care to fight. So I end up neglecting myself or my wants/needs because of it. Why oh why?

I tend to be a compassionate helpful person. Aka: doormat. I am always doing things for others. Helping, hoping, trying to fix things for other people. This seemingly good behavior perpetuates folks to misuse, abuse, and ask unrealistic things of me. I am learning to say...umm...NO! It is amazingly freeing.

One of my friends mentioned that life doesn't happen to you. You are in control if it. You can just as easily have something good happen to you as something bad. Accidents, emergencies come and go...but one must plan for life to be good, no GREAT!

So this is what I am trying to do. It is shaky. And sometimes uncomfortable to make these life changes. But I think I will be better in the end.

2 Comments:

Blogger cjm said...

Good for you. It will be a challenge but worth it.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Bubba's Mom said...

Having known you since before you were born, I know the circumstances that have given you the character traits you now own. Some are in-born, some are learned. I am proud of you to have come to a point of decision to change some things. But, don't change everything - because you have a lot of very endearing traits as well as those that cause you grief. You are special to me -my only niece - and I wish all good things for you. I am in your corner. And God will help you too - just ask Him.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home